Total permits issued/re-issued: 67,385 permits.
- 7,402 Enhanced Carry Permits,
- 5,989 Concealed Carry Permits,
- 9,374 Lifetime Permits,
- 28,930 renewals, and
- 15,373 duplicates and free permits.
- 10.9% were original enhanced permits,
- 8.9% were original concealed carry,
- 42.9% were renewals,
- 22.8% were duplicates,
- 0.5% were free, and
- 14% were lifetime.
35% decrease in the number of permits issued from 2021. This is, perhaps, the result of Tennessee’s permitless carry law which went into effect in 2021.
Permits were issued within an average of three (3) days from application.
• Total Handgun Unit Revenue: $ 4,436,291.23
• Total Handgun Unit Operational Cost: $3,178,799.87
• Total profit of the Handgun Unit: $1,257,491.36
Handgun carry permits were issued to males at an approximate ratio of 2:1.
The counties with the highest number of Tennessee handgun carry permits suspended, revoked, or denied were: Shelby (709), Knox (354), Davidson (349), Montgomery (244), and Hamilton (213).